Re: [BUG] VAAPI encoder cause kernel panic if encoded video in 4K

From: Mikhail Gavrilov
Date: Tue Apr 13 2021 - 17:19:26 EST

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 12:29, Christian König <christian.koenig@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mikhail,
>
> the crash is a known issue and should be fixed by:
>
> commit f63da9ae7584280582cbc834b20cc18bfb203b14
> Author: Philip Yang <Philip.Yang@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu Apr 1 00:22:23 2021 -0400
>
> drm/amdgpu: reserve fence slot to update page table

Unfortunately, this commit couldn't fix the initial problem.
1. Result video is jerky if it grabbed and encoded with ffmpeg
(h264_vaapi codec).
2. OBS still crashed if I try to record or stream video.
3. In the kernel log still appears the message "amdgpu: [mmhub] page
fault (src_id:0 ring:0 vmid:4 pasid:32770, for process obs" if I tried
to record or stream video by OBS.

--
Best Regards,
Mike Gavrilov.