Re: [RFC 1/2] cgroup: sev: Add misc cgroup controller

From: Michal Koutný
Date: Fri Feb 26 2021 - 09:25:17 EST

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:28:46AM -0800, Vipin Sharma <vipinsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My approach here is that it is the responsibility of the caller to:
> 1. Check the return value and proceed accordingly.
> 2. Ideally, let all of the usage be 0 before deactivating this resource
> by setting capacity to 0
If the calling side can ensure itself that no new units of the resource
are used from that moment on, then it can work this way -- but describe
that in misc_cg_set_capacity() comment.

> Is the above change good?
I think both alternatives would work. But the latter (as I see it now)
would mandate dependency on CONFIG_CGROUP or it'd have to double the
similar logic itself. So maybe keeping the caller responsible explicitly
is simpler from this POV.

> Will there be any objection to extra information?
IMO it's unnecessary (stating this just for consistency reasons), no
strong opinion.

Michal