Question about the "EXPERIMENTAL" tag for dax in XFS

From: ruansy.fnst@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri Feb 26 2021 - 04:59:06 EST

Hi, guys

Beside this patchset, I'd like to confirm something about the "EXPERIMENTAL" tag for dax in XFS.

In XFS, the "EXPERIMENTAL" tag, which is reported in waring message when we mount a pmem device with dax option, has been existed for a while. It's a bit annoying when using fsdax feature. So, my initial intention was to remove this tag. And I started to find out and solve the problems which prevent it from being removed.

As is talked before, there are 3 main problems. The first one is "dax semantics", which has been resolved. The rest two are "RMAP for fsdax" and "support dax reflink for filesystem", which I have been working on.

So, what I want to confirm is: does it means that we can remove the "EXPERIMENTAL" tag when the rest two problem are solved? Or maybe there are other important problems need to be fixed before removing it? If there are, could you please show me that?

Thank you.

--
Ruan Shiyang.