Re: [RFC] KVM: x86: Support KVM VMs sharing SEV context

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Thu Feb 25 2021 - 06:29:04 EST

On 24/02/21 17:58, Sean Christopherson wrote:
That being said, is there a strong need to get this into 5.12? AIUI, this hasn't
had any meaningful testing, selftests/kvm-unit-tests or otherwise. Pushing out
to 5.13 might give us a good chance of getting some real testing before merging,
depending on the readiness of SEV testing support.

Note that I don't mean including this in the merge window. However, I know that there are multiple people working on alternative SEV live migration support, and as long as we are sure that the API is simple and useful, it should be okay to merge this for rc2 or rc3.

Paolo