Re: udldrm does not recover from powersave? Re: udldrmfb: causes WARN in i915 on X60 (x86-32)

From: Thomas Zimmermann
Date: Thu Feb 25 2021 - 05:30:27 EST

Hi

Am 25.02.21 um 10:53 schrieb Pavel Machek:
Hi!

This is in -next, but I get same behaviour on 5.11; and no, udl does

Thanks for reporting. We are in the process of fixing the issue. The latest
patch is at [1].

Thank you, that fixes the DMA issue, and I can use the udl.

...for a while. Then screensaver blanks laptop screen, udl screen
blanks too. Upon hitting a key, internal screen shows up, udl does
not.

I try rerunning xrandr ... --auto, but could not recover it.

Any ideas?

Did it work before the regression?

For testing, could you please remove the fix and then do

git revert 6eb0233ec2d0

This would restore the old version. Please report back on the results.

Best regards
Thomas

Best regards,
Pavel