Re: [GIT PULL] Kmap conversions for 5.12

From: Ira Weiny
Date: Wed Feb 24 2021 - 13:00:22 EST

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 01:30:49PM +0100, David Sterba wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:25:06AM -0800, Ira Weiny wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 09:13:42AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > > On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:03 AM David Sterba <dsterba@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Sorry. I will change it.
>
> Let me know how you want to proceed with the patchset/pull request.

To be clear I'd like to just drop the 2 patches which use zero_user() for this
merge window.

I've already submitted some additional btrfs changes for 5.13[1]. I can rework
these zero_user() patches and submit them through Andrew for 5.13 as separate
set. That is what I meant by 'I will change it'.

> can play the messenger again but now it seems a round of review is
> needed and with some testing it'll be possible in some -rc. At that
> point you may take the patches via the mm tree, unless Linus is ok with
> a late pull.

I'm ok with delaying the memzero_page() change to 5.13. There are a lot of
kmap changes to come. But I'm trying to do them as smaller series just for
this reason. I don't want valid changes to be denied due to my messing up just
a few patches... :-( Hopefully you and Linus can forgive me on this one.

Is ok to just drop them and merge the rest of this series in 5.12?

Ira

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210217024826.3466046-1-ira.weiny@xxxxxxxxx/