Re: [BUG] Race between policy reload sidtab conversion and live conversion

From: Tyler Hicks
Date: Wed Feb 24 2021 - 10:15:16 EST

On 2021-02-24 10:33:46, Ondrej Mosnacek wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:37 PM Tyler Hicks
> <tyhicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hmm, perhaps this is the same problem that's fixed by Ondrej's proposed
> > change here:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/selinux/20210212185930.130477-3-omosnace@xxxxxxxxxx/
> >
> > I'll put these changes through a validation run (the only place that I
> > can seem to reproduce this crash) and see how it looks.
>
> Hm... I think there is actually another race condition introduced by
> the switch from rwlock to RCU [1]... Judging from the call trace you
> may be hitting that.

I believe your patches above fixed the race I was seeing. I was able to
make it through a full validation run without any crashes. Without those
patches applied, I would see several crashes resulting from this race
over the course of a validation run.

I'll continue to test with your changes and let you know if I end up
running into the other race you spotted.

Tyler