Re: [GIT PULL v2] clang-lto for v5.12-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Feb 23 2021 - 15:35:15 EST

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:49 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Kees Cook <keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > While x86 LTO enablement is done[1], it depends on some objtool
> > clean-ups[2], though it appears those actually have been in linux-next
> > (via tip/objtool/core), so it's possible that if that tree lands [..]
>
> That tree is actually next on my list of things to merge after this
> one, so it should be out soonish.

"soonish" turned out to be later than I thought, because my "build
changes" set of pulls included the module change that I then wasted a
lot of time on trying to figure out why it slowed down my build so
much.

But it's out now, as pr-tracker-bot already noted.

Linus