Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH] scsi: pm8001: Expose HW queues for pm80xx hw

From: Hannes Reinecke
Date: Tue Feb 16 2021 - 13:16:47 EST

On 2/15/21 6:31 PM, Viswas.G@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi John,

We could test this patch and it works fine. Regarding the usage of request->tag, We have some challenges there.
Pm80xx driver need tag for internal command as well. Tag is controller wide and we need to assign unique tag
for internal command as well. If we use request->tag, how can we get tag for internal commands ? If driver
allocate that, how can we make sure it will not conflict with the request->tag ?

I have posted a patchset for internal tags some time ago; at the time it was blocked by the missing shared tagset functionality.
But seeing that we're having it now I guess I'll need to repost; that addresses precisely the issue you've described.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke Kernel Storage Architect
hare@xxxxxxx +49 911 74053 688