Re: next/master bisection: baseline.login on rk3288-rock2-square

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin
Date: Thu Feb 04 2021 - 05:07:34 EST

On Thu, Feb 04, 2021 at 10:07:58AM +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 09:43, Guillaume Tucker
> <guillaume.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ard,
> >
> > Please see the bisection report below about a boot failure on
> > rk3288 with next-20210203. It was also bisected on
> > imx6q-var-dt6customboard with next-20210202.
> >
> > Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
> > trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org but this one
> > looks valid.
> >
> > The kernel is most likely crashing very early on, so there's
> > nothing in the logs. Please let us know if you need some help
> > with debugging or trying a fix on these platforms.
> >

> Thanks for the report.

Ard,

I want to send my fixes branch today which includes your regression
fix that caused this regression.

As this is proving difficult to fix, I can only drop your fix from
my fixes branch - and given that this seems to be problematical, I'm
tempted to revert the original change at this point which should fix
both of these regressions - and then we have another go at getting rid
of the set/way instructions during the next cycle.

Thoughts?

FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!