Re: [RESEND v4 1/6] misc: Add Synopsys DesignWare xData IP driver

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Wed Feb 03 2021 - 17:34:25 EST

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 11:12:46PM +0100, Gustavo Pimentel wrote:
> + /* Sysfs */
> + err = sysfs_create_group(&pdev->dev.kobj, &xdata_attr_group);
> + if (err)
> + return err;
> +
> + err = sysfs_create_link(kernel_kobj, &pdev->dev.kobj,
> + DW_XDATA_DRIVER_NAME);
> + if (err)
> + return err;

Huge hint, if you EVER call sysfs_* in a driver, you are doing something
wrong.

You just raced userspace and lost, use the default attribute group for
your driver so that the driver core can automatically create the needed
sysfs files.

And drop the symlink, that's just crazy, never do that, I don't think
it's doing what you think it is doing, not to mention you did not
document it...

thanks,

greg k-h