“KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Read in squashfs_get_id” should have the same root cause with "KASAN: use-after-free Read in squashfs_get_id"

From: 慕冬亮
Date: Wed Jan 13 2021 - 20:46:56 EST

Dear kernel developers,

I found that on the syzbot dashboard, “KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Read
in squashfs_get_id”
(https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=16a7f16e9182bbfdbd2142306a82a41d4debb670)
and
"KASAN: use-after-free Read in squashfs_get_id"
(https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=eea996d785a0f2379bcfabaf7501329235a1f006)
should share the same root cause.

The reason for my above statement is that 1) their PoCs are exactly
the same as each other; 2) the stack traces are also the same;

If you can have any issues with this statement or our information is
useful to you, please let us know. Thanks very much.

--
My best regards to you.

No System Is Safe!
Dongliang Mu