Re: fbcon: remove soft scrollback code (missing Doc. patch)

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Fri Jan 08 2021 - 14:21:25 EST

> Could we pause this madness? Scrollback is still useful. I needed it
> today... it was too small, so command results I was looking for
> already scrolled away, but... life will be really painful with 0
> scrollback.

> You'll need it, too... as soon as you get oops and will want to see
> errors just prior to that oops.

> If it means I get to maintain it... I'm not happy about it but that's
> better than no scrollback.

Amen! What self respecting admin installs a gui on servers? What do we
have to do to get this back in? What was so buggy with this code that
it needed to be removed? Why was it such a burden to just leave it be?

Now excuse me while I go dust off the old ext2 defrag utility and enjoy
watching disk blocks move around the ncurses interface.