Re: WARNING in yurex_write/usb_submit_urb

From: Johan Hovold
Date: Mon Dec 14 2020 - 10:18:39 EST

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 04:06:49PM +0100, Andrey Konovalov wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 4:02 PM Johan Hovold <johan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 06:48:03AM -0800, syzbot wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > syzbot has tested the proposed patch but the reproducer is still triggering an issue:
> > > WARNING in yurex_write/usb_submit_urb
> >
> > It appears syzbot never tested the patch from the thread. Probably using
> > it's mail interface incorrectly, I don't know and I don't have time to
> > investigate. The patch itself is correct.
>
> Hi Johan,
>
> I wasn't CCed on the testing request, so I can't say what exactly was wrong.

Here's the patch and the "syz test" command in a reply:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20201214104444.28386-1-johan@xxxxxxxxxx

Probably needs to go in the same mail, right?

How about including the command needed to test a patch in the syzbot
report mail to assist the casual user of its interfaces? I had to browse
the web page you link to and still got it wrong apparently.

> Could you send me the patch you were trying to test?

Does this work better:

#syz test: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb.git usb-testing

Johan