Re: kernelci/staging-next bisection: sleep.login on rk3288-rock2-square #2286-staging

From: Mike Rapoport
Date: Sun Dec 13 2020 - 03:25:52 EST

Hi Guillaume,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 09:53:46PM +0000, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Please see the bisection report below about a boot failure on
> rk3288 with next-20201210.
>
> Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
> trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org but this one
> looks valid.
>
> There's nothing in the serial console log, probably because it's
> crashing too early during boot. This was confirmed on two rk3288
> platforms on kernelci.org: rk3288-veyron-jaq and
> rk3288-rock2-square. There's no clear sign about other platforms
> being impacted.
>
> If this looks like something you want to investigate but you
> don't have a platform at hand to reproduce it, please let us know
> if you would like the test to be re-run on kernelci.org with some
> debug config turned on, or if you have a fix to try.

I'd apprciate if you can build a working kernel with
CONFIG_DEBUG_MEMORY_INIT=y and run it with

memblock=debug mminit_loglevel=4

in the command line.

If I understand correctly, DEBUG_LL is not an option for these platforms
so if earlyprintk didn't display the log there is not much to do about
it.

--
Sincerely yours,
Mike.