Re: gssapi, crypto and afs/rxrpc

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Sun Oct 18 2020 - 23:15:17 EST

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 05:18:26PM +0100, David Howells wrote:

> If I do this, should I create a "kerberos" crypto API for the data wrapping
> functions? I'm not sure that it quite matches the existing APIs because the
> size of the input data will likely not match the size of the output data and
> it's "one shot" as it needs to deal with a checksum.

Generally it makes sense to create a Crypto API for an algorithm
if there are going to be at least two implementations of it. In
particular, if there is hardware acceleration available then it'd
make sense.

Otherwise a library helper would be more appropriate.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>