Re: linux-next: manual merge of the wireless-drivers tree with the net tree

From: Kalle Valo
Date: Fri Oct 16 2020 - 02:01:36 EST

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the wireless-drivers tree got a conflict in:
>
> tools/testing/selftests/net/Makefile
>
> between commit:
>
> 1a01727676a8 ("selftests: Add VRF route leaking tests")
>
> from the net tree and commit:
>
> b7cc6d3c5c91 ("selftests: net: Add drop monitor test")
>
> from the wireless-drivers (presumably because it has merged part of the
> net-next tree) tree.

Correct, I fast forwarded wireless-drivers from net-next to prepare for
sending bug fixes in the end of the merge window. But I didn't realise
that it might break linux-next build, so wireless-drivers should always
follow net tree and not net-next. Sorry about that.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches