Re: general protection fault in qp_release_pages

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Oct 12 2020 - 05:16:43 EST

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:14 AM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:01 AM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 8:11 AM syzbot
> >
> > Adding everyone from the git history that did meaningful changes in the past
> > for this driver, as there is no specific maintainer file entry for
> > them to further
> > investigate.
>
> Hi Arnd,
>
> There is already a recorded fix for this on the dashboard:

Ok, good.

> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=f58fe4bb535845237057
> VMCI: check return value of get_user_pages_fast() for errors

Ah, I actually looked at linux-next, which included the fix. I had
never before looked at the dashboard, good to know where to find
this information.

If this is something that happened to others as well, could the
email report be changed to point out bugs that are already
fixed in linux-next but not in mainline?

Arnd