Re: Additional debug info to aid cacheline analysis

From: Segher Boessenkool
Date: Sun Oct 11 2020 - 07:08:02 EST

Hi!

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 10:58:36PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 02:23:00PM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > So I guess could disable it for 5.0+ only.
>
> Yes, that would work. I don't know what the lowest supported GCC
> version is, but technically it was definitely fixed in 4.10.0, 4.8.4
> and 4.9.2.

Fwiw, GCC 4.10 was renamed to GCC 5 before it was released (it was the
first release with the new version number scheme). Only old development
versions (that no one should use) identify as 4.10.

> And various distros would probably have backported the
> fix. But checking for 5.0+ would certainly give you a good version.

Yes, esp. since some versions of 4.9 and 4.8 are still buggy. No one
should use any version for which a newer bug-fix release has long been
available, but do you want to deal with bugs from people who do not?

Segher