Re: [RFC v2 1/3] dt-bindings: nvmem: Add devicetree bindings for qfprom-efuse

From: Srinivas Kandagatla
Date: Mon Jun 15 2020 - 10:28:51 EST

On 15/06/2020 15:27, Doug Anderson wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:44 AM Srinivas Kandagatla
<srinivas.kandagatla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+properties:
+ compatible:
+ enum:
+ - qcom,qfprom

As per discussion in patch #1, I believe SoC compatible should be here
too in case it is ever needed. This is standard practice for dts
files for IP blocks embedded in an SoC. AKA, this should be:

items:
- enum:
- qcom,apq8064-qfprom
- qcom,apq8084-qfprom
- qcom,msm8974-qfprom
- qcom,msm8916-qfprom
- qcom,msm8996-qfprom
- qcom,msm8998-qfprom
- qcom,qcs404-qfprom
- qcom,sc7180-qfprom
- qcom,sdm845-qfprom

Above is not required for now in this patchset, as we can attach data at
runtime specific to version of the qfprom.

This can be added when required!

I'm OK with leaving off for this patchset. After we get everything
landed for blowing fuses then I can send out a separate patch where we
can debate the merits of adding the SoC-specific compatible strings.
:-) Sound good?

Sounds good!

--srini

-Doug