Re: [GIT PULL] General notification queue and key notifications

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jun 13 2020 - 13:04:28 EST

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 9:47 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If we have multiple uses, and one of them notices some problem that
> requires any ABI changes, but the other one has already started using
> it, we'll have more problems.

Ok, it's merged in my tree, although I was somewhat unhappy about the
incomprehensible calling conventions of "get_pipe_info()". The random
second argument just makes no sense when you read the code, it would
have probably been better as a helper function or #define to clarify
the whole "for_splice" thing.

But let's see how it works and what actually happens.

Linus