Re: possible deadlock in send_sigio

From: Waiman Long
Date: Thu Jun 11 2020 - 12:10:21 EST

On 6/11/20 10:22 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 09:51:29AM -0400, Waiman Long wrote:

There was an old lockdep patch that I think may address the issue, but was
not merged at the time. I will need to dig it out and see if it can be
adapted to work in the current kernel. It may take some time.
Boqun was working on that; I can't remember what happened, but ISTR it
was shaping up nice.

Yes, I am talking about Boqun's patch. However, I think he had moved to another company and so may not be able to actively work on that again.

Cheers,
Longman