The ultimate OS conclusion.

From: Ywe CÃrlyn
Date: Wed Jun 10 2020 - 07:52:50 EST

Some remember me from low-jitter testing of Ubuntu Karmic Koala, where I got 72.7 fps on the 3-pass (72.7 x 3) engine of Doom 3, using among other things 91hz timer.

I further suggested a custom CPU for low jitter, making the single CPU probably the best choice for the home computer, with enhanced instruction set

A lot of DSP, are clear candidates, a 4pole filter (one input, one output), can be combined into a one clock operation aswell. JSR could take arguments. And ofcourse commonly used functions. (OISC, Optimized Instruction Set Computing.) Even larger things that has just plain inputs, and outputs. (Library functions) And this could even be done in parallel.

And ultimately an Exo kernel dropping context switches, with optimized modular generalized cpu-accelerated library parts.

That should be 1:1 the ultimate OS/Hardware combination!

Cheers,
Ywe CÃrlyn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gIUbPeQ1ow