Re: lockdep issues with overlayfs

From: Waiman Long
Date: Tue Jun 09 2020 - 12:53:59 EST

On 6/9/20 11:07 AM, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
While running xfstests[1] on overlayfs I get the following:

BUG: MAX_LOCKDEP_CHAIN_HLOCKS too low!
turning off the locking correctness validator.
[...]

Then when doing cat /proc/lockdep_chains I get this Oops:

BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffffff83b36da8
#PF: supervisor read access in kernel mode
#PF: error_code(0x0000) - not-present page
PGD 2262067 P4D 2262067 PUD 2263063 PMD 0

Thanks for the information. There are some corruption in the lock chain data some garbage shows up in your lockdep_chains. I will try to reproduce the error to in order to figure out where the bug is.

Thanks,
Longman