Re: linux-next: manual merge of the jc_docs tree with the vfs and net-next trees

From: Stephen Kitt
Date: Mon May 18 2020 - 15:46:11 EST

Le 18/05/2020 14:22, Jonathan Corbet a ÃcritÂ:
On Mon, 18 May 2020 12:30:13 +1000
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Today's linux-next merge of the jc_docs tree got a conflict in:

kernel/sysctl.c

between commit:

f461d2dcd511 ("sysctl: avoid forward declarations")

from the vfs tree and commit:

2f4c33063ad7 ("docs: sysctl/kernel: document ngroups_max")

from the jc_docs tree.

Hmm...that's somewhat messy. I somehow managed to miss the change to
kernel/sysctl.c that doesn't have much to do with documentation. Stephen
(Kitt): I've reverted that change for now. Could I ask you to resubmit it
as two different patches? I'll happily take the actual docs change; the
sysctl change can be sent to the VFS tree on top of the changes there.

Done, thanks.

In general we really don't want to mix unrelated changes like this.

Noted, Iâll avoid mixing changes in future.

Regards,

Stephen