Re: media/master bisection: v4l2-compliance-vivid.device-presence on qemu_x86_64

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Wed Apr 15 2020 - 08:22:17 EST

Em Wed, 15 Apr 2020 10:36:04 +0100
Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On 15/04/2020 10:28, Guillaume Tucker wrote:

> >> I see, thanks. This revision is being built and tested at the
> >> moment, I'll check the results when they land in my inbox.
> >
> > Helen's patch was needed, but there were still a couple of
> > issues. First we need to enable this extra option now in the
> > config fragment:
> >
> > CONFIG_MEDIA_TEST_SUPPORT=y

Yes.

Another option would be to do:

# MEDIA_SUPPORT_FILTER is not set

With this option (enabled by default if EMBEDDED or EXPERT),
all CONFIG_MEDIA_*_SUPPORT will be selected[1].

[1] except for CONFIG_MEDIA_CEC_SUPPORT. This doesn't
depend on MEDIA_SUPPORT anymore.

> > as test_drivers/Kconfig starts with "if MEDIA_TEST_SUPPORT".
>
> Actually, this "if" seems redundant now in test_drivers/Kconfig
> with my patch to include the file conditionally... Please let me
> know if we should also drop it and I'll send a v2, or if this
> should be fixed in a different way.

Just one "if MEDIA_TEST_SUPPORT" at the main media/Kconfig
should be enough.

Feel free to send a v2.

Thanks,
Mauro