Re: [GIT PULL 0/9] EFI fixes for v5.7-rc

From: Dave Young
Date: Sat Apr 11 2020 - 23:51:33 EST

On 04/11/20 at 03:43pm, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 09:54:42PM +0800, Dave Young wrote:
> >
> > The runtime cleanup looks a very good one, but I also missed that,
> > userspace kexec-tools will break with the efi setup_data changes. But
> > kexec_file_load will just work with the cleanup applied.
>
> Hmmm, I wonder if there could be some kselftest or kunit tests that
> would make it easier to pick up these sorts of regressions earlier?

I thought about that before, but did not go with any actual actions.
kexec test needs a system reboot, Kdump is even harder to test, that is
the reason I hesitated about.

But since the breakage happens here and there frequently, it is time to
try it. I think I will play with it, but I might be slow because of
other things, welcome to post patches if anyone is interested :)

Thanks
Dave