Re: Linus, please revert 7dc8f11437: regression in 5.7-rc0, hangs while attempting to run X

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Apr 10 2020 - 16:26:12 EST

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 12:48 AM Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > Beyond the fix already submitted?
>
> I did not get that one, can I have a pointer?

What's the status of this one?

I'm assuming the fix is commit 721017cf4bd8 ("drm/i915/gem: Ignore
readonly failures when updating relics"), but didn't see a reply to
the query or a confirmation of things working..

Btw, Chris, that __put_user() not testing the error should at least
have a comment. We don't have a working "__must_check" for those
things (because they are subtle macros, not functions), but if we did,
we'd get a compiler warning for not checking the error value.

Linus