Re: usb: gadget: fsl: Fix a wrong judgment in fsl_udc_probe()

From: Tang Bin
Date: Fri Apr 10 2020 - 05:14:28 EST

Hi Markus:

On 2020/4/10 16:30, Markus Elfring wrote:
Hardware experiments show that the negative return value is not just "-EPROBE_DEFER".
How much will this specific error code influence our understanding
of the discussed software situation?

From my superficial knowledge, I think we should not think about it too complicated. The return value is just zero or negative, and for these negative return value, such as "-ENODEV"ã"-ENXIO"ã"-ENOENT"ãâEPROBE_DEFERâïmay be the same effectãButâ-EPROBE_DEFERâhas another importment function: Driver requested deferred probingïwhich is used in cases where the dependency resource is not ready during the driver initialization process.
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ret = udc_controller->irq ? : -ENODEV;
Will it be clearer to specify values for all cases in such a conditional operator
(instead of leaving one case empty)?
I don't know what you mean of "instead of leaving one case empty".
I suggest to reconsider also the proposed specification ââ ? : ââ.

What you mean is the way I'm writtenï

I have provided two ways of patching, both functional can be verified on hardware.

Thanks for your patience.

Tang Bin