Re: [GIT PULL] Please pull proc and exec work for 5.7-rc1

From: Bernd Edlinger
Date: Thu Apr 09 2020 - 19:53:11 EST

On 4/9/20 11:17 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 2:03 PM Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> But no. While you are goind a good job at spotting odd corner
>> cases that need to be fixed. This also is not the cause of the
>> deadlock. It is nothing that subtle.
>
> So Eric, I'm now going to stop wasting my time on arguing with you.
>
> Since both you and Bernd claimed to be too busy to even bother testing
> that thing, I just built it and booted it.
>
> And guess what? That thing makes your non-deadlock thing go away.
>
> So it's _literally_ that simple.

You known I was right from the beginning :-) :-) (-: (-:,
I said you would have to adjust the test. I only thought of the
second part, so that is were I was wrong.

Yeah Thanks. My real problem is called OpenSSL 3.0 + FIPS and it feels
like a very big pain in the ass......

But please tell nobody. That is a secret :-)

Thanks
Bernd.