Re: scsi: aic7xxx: Remove null pointer checks before kfree()

From: Alex Dewar
Date: Thu Apr 09 2020 - 07:48:32 EST

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 06:32:19PM +0200, Markus Elfring wrote:
> >> I hope that you would like to take another update suggestion into account
> >> (besides a typo correction for your commit message).
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1220189/
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/20200403164712.49579-1-alex.dewar@xxxxxxxxx/
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand the relevance.
>
> I pointed your patch out for another contributor.
>

> > Are you saying I should reference this other patch?
>
> I suggest to take another look at the development history for presented
> patches according to a known source code search pattern.

Ok, cool. How should I go about that?

The thing is that this seems like an obvious improvement (albeit not a
terribly critical one). It reduces SLoC and removes an unnecessary
check. AFAICS the patch you mention wasn't rejected on technical
grounds, but simply wasn't picked up. If there is a reason why this
change isn't warranted then I'd like to know why so I can send better
patches in future :-)