Re: [patch 0/2] x86: Prevent Split-Lock-Detection wreckage on VMX hypervisors

From: Kenneth R. Crudup
Date: Thu Apr 02 2020 - 10:53:09 EST

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> All the .ko files that come with vmware.

Ah, gotcha. One thing you/VMWare may want to look at is it turns out that
"vmw_vmci", part of the kernel tree (CONFIG_VMWARE_VMCI) has to be compiled
into the kernel as a module so udev can properly create the Misc device node
(I'd tried making it a built-in and messing with udev rules and the other,
compiled-in-later VMWare module loading system didn't seem to like that).

Maybe some sort of mitigation for this can be done there, putting it back in-tree?

But anyway, I'll send you a .tar.bz2 in a little bit.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Silicon Valley