Re: [GIT PULL] x86/vmware changes for v5.7

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 31 2020 - 15:11:56 EST

All of this series from Ingo pulled.

Looks fine so far, my only reaction is that "Ho humm, now Ingo is the
main -tip user who doesn't sign his pull requests". Both Thomas and
Borislav have started doing so.

Ingo? It shouldn't be that much extra work, it's an added "git tag
-s". You can even automate it, and just make the tag-name be the
branch name plus a date/time thing, and it will probably fit in
whatever scripting you do now.

Yeah, it does result in that password prompt, so it's not _entirely_
invisible, although that might be minimized with pgp-agent.

I know you have a key, since I have it in my chain. Of course, the key
I have for you is from 2011, maybe you've lost it.

I'd love to be at the point where all the major pulls I do are signed.

But no, this still isn't a requirement for kernel.org users, more of a
"please consider it".

Thanks,
Linus