Re: [GIT PULL] scheduler changes for v5.7

From: Mel Gorman
Date: Tue Mar 31 2020 - 06:33:40 EST

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 07:31:59PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> Linus,
>
> Please pull the latest sched-core-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git sched-core-for-linus
>
> # HEAD: 313f16e2e35abb833eab5bdebc6ae30699adca18 Merge branch 'sched/rt' into sched/core, to pick up completed topic tree
>
> The main changes in this cycle are:
>
> - Various NUMA scheduling updates: harmonize the load-balancer and NUMA
> placement logic to not work against each other. The intended result is
> better locality, better utilization and fewer migrations.

Thanks Ingo.

I noticed that the following patch did not make it to the list.

sched/fair: Fix negative imbalance in imbalance calculation
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1585201349-70192-1-git-send-email-aubrey.li@xxxxxxxxx/

I think it's still relevant even after 6ce4b05e75f6 ("sched/fair: Improve
spreading of utilization") but I could be missing something obvious.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs