[GIT PULL] io_uring updates for 5.7-rc

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Sun Mar 29 2020 - 19:04:46 EST

Hi Linus,

Here are the io_uring changes for this merge window. Light on new
features this time around (just splice + buffer selection), lots of
cleanups, fixes, and improvements to existing support. In particular,
this pull request contains:

- Cleanup fixed file update handling for stack fallback (Hillf)

- Re-work of how pollable async IO is handled, we no longer require
thread offload to handle that. Instead we rely using poll to drive
this, with task_work execution.

- In conjunction with the above, allow expendable buffer selection, so
that poll+recv (for example) no longer has to be a split operation.

- Make sure we honor RLIMIT_FSIZE for buffered writes

- Add support for splice (Pavel)

- Linked work inheritance fixes and optimizations (Pavel)

- Async work fixes and cleanups (Pavel)

- Improve io-wq locking (Pavel)

- Hashed link write improvements (Pavel)

- SETUP_IOPOLL|SETUP_SQPOLL improvements (Xiaoguang)

Please pull!

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/for-5.7/io_uring-2020-03-29

Chucheng Luo (1):
io_uring: fix missing 'return' in comment

Hillf Danton (2):
io-uring: drop completion when removing file
io-uring: drop 'free_pfile' in struct io_file_put

Jens Axboe (17):
io_uring: consider any io_read/write -EAGAIN as final
io_uring: io_accept() should hold on to submit reference on retry
io_uring: store io_kiocb in wait->private
io_uring: add per-task callback handler
io_uring: mark requests that we can do poll async in io_op_defs
io_uring: use poll driven retry for files that support it
io_uring: buffer registration infrastructure
io_uring: add IORING_OP_PROVIDE_BUFFERS
io_uring: support buffer selection for OP_READ and OP_RECV
io_uring: add IOSQE_BUFFER_SELECT support for IORING_OP_READV
net: abstract out normal and compat msghdr import
io_uring: add IOSQE_BUFFER_SELECT support for IORING_OP_RECVMSG
io_uring: provide means of removing buffers
io_uring: add end-of-bits marker and build time verify it
io_uring: dual license io_uring.h uapi header
io_uring: fix truncated async read/readv and write/writev retry
io_uring: honor original task RLIMIT_FSIZE

Lukas Bulwahn (1):
io_uring: make spdxcheck.py happy

Nathan Chancellor (1):
io_uring: Ensure mask is initialized in io_arm_poll_handler

Oleg Nesterov (1):
task_work_run: don't take ->pi_lock unconditionally

Pavel Begunkov (28):
io_uring: don't call work.func from sync ctx
io_uring: don't do full *prep_worker() from io-wq
io_uring: remove req->in_async
splice: make do_splice public
io_uring: add interface for getting files
io_uring: add splice(2) support
io_uring: clean io_poll_complete
io_uring: extract kmsg copy helper
io-wq: remove unused IO_WQ_WORK_HAS_MM
io_uring: remove IO_WQ_WORK_CB
io-wq: use BIT for ulong hash
io_uring: remove extra nxt check after punt
io_uring: remove io_prep_next_work()
io_uring: clean up io_close
io_uring: make submission ref putting consistent
io_uring: remove @nxt from handlers
io_uring: get next work with submission ref drop
io-wq: shuffle io_worker_handle_work() code
io-wq: optimise locking in io_worker_handle_work()
io-wq: optimise out *next_work() double lock
io_uring/io-wq: forward submission ref to async
io-wq: remove duplicated cancel code
io-wq: don't resched if there is no work
io-wq: split hashing and enqueueing
io-wq: hash dependent work
io-wq: close cancel gap for hashed linked work
io_uring: Fix ->data corruption on re-enqueue
io-wq: handle hashed writes in chains

Xiaoguang Wang (2):
io_uring: io_uring_enter(2) don't poll while SETUP_IOPOLL|SETUP_SQPOLL enabled
io_uring: cleanup io_alloc_async_ctx()

YueHaibing (1):
io_uring: Fix unused function warnings

fs/io-wq.c | 368 ++++---
fs/io-wq.h | 65 +-
fs/io_uring.c | 2015 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
fs/splice.c | 6 +-
include/linux/socket.h | 4 +
include/linux/splice.h | 3 +
include/net/compat.h | 3 +
include/trace/events/io_uring.h | 103 ++
include/uapi/linux/io_uring.h | 42 +-
kernel/task_work.c | 18 +-
net/compat.c | 30 +-
net/socket.c | 25 +-