Re: snd_hda_intel/sst-acpi sound breakage on suspend/resume since 5.6-rc1

From: Pierre-Louis Bossart
Date: Wed Mar 18 2020 - 11:28:22 EST

While 5.5.x works fine, mainline as of ac309e7744be (v5.6-rc6+) causes me
some sound-related trouble: after boot, the sound works fine -- but once I
suspend and resume my broadwell-based XPS13, I need to switch to headphone
and back to speaker to hear something. But what I hear isn't music but
garbled output.

It's my understanding that the use of the haswell driver is opt-in for Dell XPS13 9343. When we run the SOF driver on this device, we have to explicitly bypass an ACPI quirk that forces HDAudio to be used:

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/commit/944b6a2d620a556424ed4195c8428485fcb6c2bd

Have you tried to run in plain vanilla HDAudio mode?