Re: snd_hda_intel/sst-acpi sound breakage on suspend/resume since 5.6-rc1

From: Cezary Rojewski
Date: Wed Mar 18 2020 - 06:17:43 EST

On 2020-03-18 10:57, Dominik Brodowski wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot bisect this issue easily -- i915 was broken for
quite some time on this system[*], prohibiting boot...

Hmm, sounds like that issue is quite old. DSP for Haswell and Broadwell is
available for I2S devices only, so this relates directly to legacy HDA
driver. Compared to Skylake+, HDAudio controller for older platforms is
found within GPU. My advice is to notify the DRM guys about this issue.

Takashi, are you aware of problems with HDMI on HSW/ BDW or should I just
loop Jani and other DRM peps here?

Well, it works on v5.5, so this issue is not really "quite old" (the "no
context buffer need to restore!" message seen there seems harmless).

Thanks again, and best wishes,
Dominik

Was commenting the "i915 was broken for quite some time on this system[*], prohibiting boot...". Unless I misunderstood you, this ain't a DSP driver issue but HDAudio/iDisp one. Essentially, these are two issues you mentioned here.

Czarek