Re: Redpine RS9116 M.2 module with NetworkManager

From: Angus Ainslie
Date: Thu Jan 30 2020 - 14:24:36 EST

Hi Dan,

On 2020-01-30 10:39, Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2020-01-30 at 10:18 -0800, Angus Ainslie wrote:

I suspect this is a driver bug rather than a NM bug as I saw similar
issues with an earlier Redpine proprietary driver that was fixed by
updating that driver. What rsi_dbg zone will help debug this ?

NM just uses wpa_supplicant underneath, so if you can get supplicant
debug logs showing the failure, that would help. But perhaps the driver
has a problem with scan MAC randomization that NM can be configured to
do by default; that's been an issue with proprietary and out-of-tree
drivers in the past. Just a thought.

https://blog.muench-johannes.de/networkmanager-disable-mac-randomization-314

Any chance there's something similar for bluetooth ? hcitool shows the device and can scan but bluetoothctl can't find the device.

$ hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 88:DA:1A:9E:XX:XX

[bluetooth]# list