Re: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Write in vgacon_scroll

From: Sergey Senozhatsky
Date: Wed Jan 29 2020 - 09:15:35 EST

On (20/01/28 15:58), Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
[..]

> Help is welcomed as I'm not going to look at it in the foreseeable future
> (I'm busy enough with other things).
>
> > (dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or linux-fbdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) into CC?
>
> Added to Cc:, thanks.

Hmm. There is something strange about it. I use vga console quite
often, and scrolling happens all the time, yet I can't get the same
out-of-bounds report (nor have I ever seen it in the past), even with
the reproducer. Is it supposed to be executed as it is, or are there
any preconditions? Any chance that something that runs prior to that
reproducer somehow impacts the system? Just asking.

-ss