Re: Improving documentation for programming interfaces

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Wed Jan 08 2020 - 11:56:00 EST

>> I propose to encode helpful information into macro calls as needed
>> for the C programming language.
>
> Perhaps it would be useful to for you to express what you are
> proposing in the form of a patch?

I hope that some of our communication difficulties on this topic
can be reduced also by other means.

> On the "benefits" side of the equation, is there are ways in which it
> will directly benefit the kernel developers who will need to review
> the patches and review the annotations, that can be demonstrated immediately?

Do you find a macro like â__must_checkâ useful enough to increase
the development of further annotations?

> If the costs are very small, then the requirement for demonstrating
> great benefits will also be small.

Would you like to reconsider these concerns according to better
software documentation at all?

Regards,
Markus