Re: [RFC] tools lib traceevent: How to do library versioning being in the Linux kernel source?

From: Sudip Mukherjee
Date: Thu Jan 02 2020 - 17:44:16 EST

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 5:20 PM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First, I hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too.

> Next, Sudip has been working to get the libtraceevent library into
> Debian. As this has been happening, I've been working at how to get all
> the projects that use this, to use the library installed on the system
> if it does exist. I'm hoping that once it's in Debian, the other
> distros will follow suit.

I have sent you another patch for libtraceevent. And, assuming that
you will not have any objection to that patch libtraceevent has been
merged in Debian and is now available in Debian Sid releases. Thanks
to Ben for all his suggestion and help.

The packages are at:
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/libtraceevent1
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/libtraceevent-dev