Re: net-next/master bisection: boot on beaglebone-black

From: David Miller
Date: Fri Nov 22 2019 - 13:11:50 EST

From: Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 18:02:06 +0000

> As far as I can tell, it's the first time someone replies to say
> this issue is already fixed. Sorry if I've missed an email.

I saw the first one and just ignored it hoping that since I had
the fix in 'net' these emails would simply stop.

> Also, it's apparently not fixed in the net-next tree which
> explains why it was reported again. I guess we need to disable
> bisections in net-next until it gets rebased and includes the
> fix, and add a way to mark issues fixed somewhere else in
> KernelCI to avoid this situation in the future.

If you're not combining the net and the net-next tree, as Stephen
Rothwell's tree is doing, then you're going to run into this problem
every single day and spam us with these messages.

What is being done right now doesn't work. You can't just wait for
net integration into net-next, that doesn't cut it.