Re: mount cgroup with "already mounted or cgroup busy"

From: Michal Koutný
Date: Fri Nov 22 2019 - 10:19:53 EST

Hello Li.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:32:41AM +0000, "Li,Rongqing" <lirongqing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I meet a issue, and not sure if it is normal
It is a consequence of how cgroup state is retained.

I considered a "trivial" fix, however, I learnt later it'd be a revert
(and hence regression) of
3c606d35fe97 "cgroup: prevent mount hang due to memory controller lifetime"

> Using the below script, the last line mount will fail after unmount
> And it will fail until reboot system
The cause is that controllers remained pinned to the same root.
You can unpin them by mounting/unmounting again attached to the same
root (i.e. cpu,cpuset again).

(Perhaps the logic in cgroup1_root_to_use may be changed to cope better
with the "stateless" controllers.)

Michal