Re: [GIT PULL] Hyper-V commits for 5.4-rc

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Wed Oct 30 2019 - 09:31:55 EST

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 02:15:08PM +0100, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:37 PM Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hyperv/linux.git tags/hyperv-fixes-signed

No, Sasha, I'm not pulling this.

It's completely broken garbage.

It is, appologies!

You already sent me two of those fixes earlier, and they got pulled in
commit 56c642e2aa1c ("Merge tag 'hyperv-fixes-signed' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hyper>") two weeks ago.

Fine - of the three fixes you claim, I could do this pull, and get at
least one of them.

Except YOU HAVE REBASED your branch, so I see the other two fixes that
I already got as duplicates.

WHY?

Honestly, I forgot that I sent you those two commits two weeks ago, but
still - you must be asking yourself why the heck would he rebase those,
right?

As I was working on the branch a few days ago I messed up and killed my
-fixes branch accidentally. To fix that I figured I'll just pick up
those 3 fixes again from my mailbox since they're grouped so nicely
over there and I haven't sent them to you yet.

Except that I did. And now they ended up with different IDs.

I then did a merge attempt before sending them to you, expecting that
things would blow up if I messed something up, but it didn't because the
commits themselves are identical, so I haven't noticed it then either.

Anyway, sorry about this, I'll resend it with just the relevant fix.

--
Thanks,
Sasha