Re: [RFC] docs: add a reset controller chapter to the driver API docs

From: Philipp Zabel
Date: Thu Oct 24 2019 - 04:43:42 EST

Hi Randy,

thank you for the corrections!

On Tue, 2019-10-22 at 20:56 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 10/22/19 9:45 AM, Philipp Zabel wrote:
> > Add initial reset controller API documentation. This is mostly indented
>
> intended

:) Makes me smile every time.

[...]
> > +====================
> > +Reset controller API
> > +====================
> > +
> > +Introduction
> > +============
> > +
> > +Reset controllers are central units that control the reset signals to multiple
> > +peripherals.
> > +The reset controller API is split in two parts:
>
> I prefer into two parts:

Ok. I think this might have come from "split in half".

[...]
> > +Consumer driver interface
> > +=========================
> > +
> > +This interface offers a similar API to the kernel clock framework.
>
> or:
> This interface provides an API that is similar to the kernel clock framework.

Yes, this is better as well. I'll change all three in the next version.

[...]
> > +.. kernel-doc:: drivers/reset/core.c
> > + :functions: of_reset_simple_xlate
> > + reset_controller_register
> > + reset_controller_unregister
> > + devm_reset_controller_register
> > + reset_controller_add_lookup
>
> These header and source files cause a number of kernel-doc warnings
> for which I am sending a patch.

Thank you, I have already sent fixes for the build warnings.
In hindsight, they probably should have been included as a series.

regards
Philipp