Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 5.4-rc3

From: Heiko Carstens
Date: Fri Oct 18 2019 - 06:35:50 EST

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 03:15:22PM -0400, James Bottomley wrote:
> Five changes, two in drivers (qla2xxx, zfcp), one to MAINTAINERS
> (qla2xxx) and two in the core. The last two are mostly about removing
> incorrect messages from the kernel log: the resid message is definitely
> wrong and the sync cache on protected drive problem is arguably wrong.
>
> The patch is available here:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git scsi-fixes
>
> The short changelog is:
>
> Damien Le Moal (1):
> scsi: core: save/restore command resid for error handling
>
> Daniel Wagner (1):
> scsi: qla2xxx: Remove WARN_ON_ONCE in qla2x00_status_cont_entry()
>
> Himanshu Madhani (1):
> scsi: MAINTAINERS: Update qla2xxx driver
>
> Oliver Neukum (1):
> scsi: sd: Ignore a failure to sync cache due to lack of authorization
>
> Steffen Maier (1):
> scsi: zfcp: fix reaction on bit error threshold notification

James, Martin, I do not know how you coordinate your work, however is
there any chance that the two fixes sitting in

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkp/scsi.git/log/?h=postmerge

get merged anytime soon?

6b6fa7a5c86e1269d9f0c9a5b902072351317387 ("scsi: core: fix dh and multipathing for SCSI hosts without request batching")
82a9ac7130cf51c2640800fb0ef19d3a05cb8fff ("scsi: core: fix missing .cleanup_rq for SCSI hosts without request batching")

I have a CI system which fails to boot since two weeks because of this...