Re: MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE appears to break older i386 binaries

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 05 2019 - 20:18:26 EST

Duh.

I only looked at recent issues in this area, and overlooked your
sentence in between the two ELF section dumps, and it appears that you
have already biseced it to something else:

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 4:32 PM Russell King - ARM Linux admin
<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seems we've broken older i386 binaries with commit ad55eac74f20
> ("elf: enforce MAP_FIXED on overlaying elf segments"). Maybe the
> MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE stuff needs to have an on/off switch?

I guess the "can you send people binaries for testing" ends up being
the right thing to do, and Michal can figure it out.

Sorry for the noise.

Linus