Re: [GIT PULL] process fixes for v5.4-rc2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Oct 04 2019 - 13:24:26 EST

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 2:40 AM Christian Brauner
<christian.brauner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This pull request contains a couple of fixes:

Pulled.

Small note: it is sad, and I'm ashamed of my life, but to me "process"
these days is about development process rather than about a group of
threads sharing a VM.

I know, I know. I feel like a (shudder) manager. But when I see a pull
request for "process fixes", my mind goes to documentation about our
processes for pull requests and sending patches etc.

You don't need to change anything in your life or emails - you've got
it right - but this just explains why your pull request is now labeled
"clone3/pidfd fixes" in my tree, and why it might be better to talk to
me about "treads" rather than processes.

Linus