Re: [Cocci] [RFC] scripts: Fix coccicheck failed

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Oct 04 2019 - 04:23:54 EST

>> How do you think about to avoid the addition of the SmPL variable
>> âvirtual reportâ to the script âadd_namespace.cocciâ if you would dare
>> to integrate my change proposal for an adjusted directory hierarchy?
>
> Perhaps I'm lazy, but i seems simpler to add 20 characters than to move
> all of the files around...

I got concerned that you would interpret the difference statistics
of the published patches in this direction.

I propose to achieve a clear separation for SmPL scripts.
* Files which can be directly used (on their own).
* Coccicheck scripts which have got additional design requirements
for this call interface.

Which storage locations are you going to select for these variants?

Regards,
Markus