Re: [GIT PULL] compiler-attributes for v5.3-rc8

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Thu Sep 05 2019 - 15:53:45 EST

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 7:22 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Why not just clean up the rest" is how bugs happen.
>
> If it's not a fix, and it's not marked for stable (or a regression
> from the merge window) it shouldn't go in this late in the rc period.
>
> Send me _fixes_. Don't send me stuff that is "fixes plus random
> cleanups that were noticed at the same time".

Yeah, I was on the fence about this and I imagined you could also
react this way. I will be more firm next time :-)

On Nick's defense, he was trying to do his best to clean this up for
5.3 but AFAIK he got quite busy meanwhile during rc3-5.

Cheers,
Miguel